Identify greenery from wedding centerpiece
March 29, 2018 8:50 PM   Subscribe

What type of greenery is used in these centerpieces? For bonus credit, what are the white flowers?
posted by vegetableagony to Home & Garden (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

It's hard to make out. Any clearer pics?
posted by Miko at 8:57 PM on March 29, 2018

White flowers look like anemones. I agree a clearer photo would help with the greenery. Could be asparagus fern but it’s hard to tell. Little white flowers = baby’s breath.
posted by OneSmartMonkey at 9:15 PM on March 29, 2018 [2 favorites]

White flowers with dark centers, in the clear vases, are anemones; the greenery (on the table? because the white puffs in the small blue vases are baby's breath) is blurry.
posted by Iris Gambol at 9:16 PM on March 29, 2018

That's a rather vague picture, however best guesses: larger white flowers look like anemones, the smaller ones are baby's breath and the leaves? Could be lots of things. Asparagus ferns? That's a wild guess really.

(On preview: Snap!)
posted by Coaticass at 9:16 PM on March 29, 2018

Agree on asparagus fern. Known as Asparagus plumosa aka Asparagus setaceus. Or Asparagus densiflorus 'Sprengeri'
posted by gemmy at 9:22 PM on March 29, 2018

Agree on anemone and baby’s’ breath. The greens are too blurry for me to identify.

Excited that my childhood growing up with a family business of a greenhouse has enabled me to answer a mefi question.
posted by greermahoney at 9:29 PM on March 29, 2018 [3 favorites]

Thanks everyone, asparagus greens look like they are a match! Sadly I don't have any better pictures.
posted by vegetableagony at 11:22 AM on March 30, 2018

« Older Tabletop gaming for not-quite-beginners   |   Facility/Room Scheduling Software Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.