Icelandic pop song 1986

Looking for the name of the Icelandic pop song that was so big in the summer of 1986, something about "never gonna stop singing in the key of g", only sung in Icelandic of course. NOT Bjork, guessing won't help as I can't seem to find any lists of top hits from that year. Bonus points if you can link me to it on Youtube or someplace.
posted by Rufous-headed Towhee heehee to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Do you mean a hit in Iceland, or other country? Because googlefu using America Top 40 1986 or Top Pop 1986 brought me to a large number of lists. This blog in particular lists by week. But US focused, and a hit in Iceland may not have made it to US radio play.
posted by Nancy_LockIsLit_Palmer at 4:02 AM on March 8, 2018

Probably a song called Popplag í g dúr - at least via google translate that seems like the lyrics are very much like what you are describing.
Video link here. It seems like there are quite a few versions of the song though, so this may well be a more recent cover as the date in the video description suggests.
posted by multivalent at 4:20 AM on March 8, 2018

That's the one multivalent, thanks!
posted by Rufous-headed Towhee heehee at 9:49 AM on March 8, 2018

« Older Staying productive while depressed   |   I made a financial plan for the next 3 years, and... Newer »