Virtual assistance ideas

I have a whopping 205 virtual assistance tasks on Fancy Hands to use (think 20 mins x each on a computer or phone service) but I am struggling to come up with ideas to use them.

Especially in a month - it's a recurring service and I'm clearly not using it. What would you use these for?

Inspirational details: 30ish F, live in London UK, grad student, have a dog, vegetarian... I'm starting to look into making a documentary, also.
posted by teststrip to Work & Money (6 answers total)

How about using your credits to call subscription services asking to reduce the rate?
posted by Geckwoistmeinauto at 7:39 AM on February 21, 2018

Maybe you could have them organize your computer files, if they aren't already organized? What about having them refresh your CV if it needs it?

I don't think this would be useful. There are LOADS of free services that negotiate subscriptions for you, such as Hiatus. Don't waste your Fancy Hands tasks on something that you can get for free elsewhere.

posted by schroedingersgirl at 8:20 AM on February 21, 2018

Meal planning? Find you some interesting veggie recipes, order the ingredients from Ocado or similar?
posted by corvine at 8:55 AM on February 21, 2018 [1 favorite]

Research local film screenings/festivals and book you x every week for the next x weeks?
posted by nkknkk at 11:09 AM on February 21, 2018

Computer files in particular: clean your contacts database, get rid of duplicate photos.
posted by Jesse the K at 2:30 PM on February 21, 2018

Check the new business licenses for your community (it's usually printed in the paper on a weekly basis), identify the new restaurants, and provide you with the links to the menus for new places with good vegetarian options. I'm always the last to know about new restaurants, and it would be nice if someone just dropped the menu URLs (for the kinds of food I might like) right in my lap.
posted by The Wrong Kind of Cheese at 8:43 PM on February 21, 2018

« Older East coast of Florida in mid-March?   |   What to do with a brand new whiteboard? Newer »