Lost phone. What to do?

I left my Pixel 2 in a Lyft yesterday. I have Google Fi. Google's "find my device" tool can't find it. The Lyft app has a "lost item" feature; I booted up my old phone and sent a request and used a number from Tempophone as the reply number--but no luck yet. I don't see a way to contact the driver directly. I can't access my texts because I use Signal and haven't set it up on any other devices. Am I hosed? Options?
posted by morninj to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

Can you sign into your Lyft account from another person’s phone?
posted by chesty_a_arthur at 12:32 PM on February 18, 2018

Did you try emailing support@lyft.com?
posted by radioamy at 12:46 PM on February 18, 2018

Yes, I can log in to the Lyft app on my old phone.
posted by morninj at 1:01 PM on February 18, 2018

Oh sorry, I missed that you’d already used it’s lost item feature. D’oh.
posted by chesty_a_arthur at 2:21 PM on February 18, 2018

I left something in an Uber once. There's no way to directly call the driver - I tried using the number that texts "your driver is here" and it expires after your ride so it can no longer call your driver, if I recall correctly. Let Lyft know - they will let the driver know and the driver will get in touch with you. My driver was nice, the next day he offered to drop it off to me at my apartment. He parked out front and I ran out and got it. Good luck.
posted by AppleTurnover at 11:17 PM on February 18, 2018

Did you use the 'find lost item' feature from within the ride details? For me, it gives options to phone or text the driver directly.
posted by homesickness at 11:25 PM on February 18, 2018

« Older I don't feel prepared to go on a trip   |   Point Reyes, West Marin, CA - where to stay for... Newer »