Help me find a bouncy, energetic, HR-friendly song

I'm producing a video for my company's employee meeting, and I've been asked to soundtrack it with a peppy pop song. Degree of difficulty: I am woefully out of touch with current pop music.

I'm producing a video highlighting our Employees of the Month with candid pictures and maybe some "fun" video. Accordingly, it should have a song with energy as the background. (Last year, we used "Can't Stop the Feeling.")

The video will run a minute, 30 seconds tops. It needs to be up-tempo, perhaps motivational, definitely celebratory, and it needs to be inoffensive. I recognized about 10 percent of the 2017 Top 100 when I looked, and "Despacito" is definitely not going to make the cut.

Hit me with your suggestions!
posted by DrAstroZoom to Media & Arts (12 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

My company uses "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors in a lot of our internal promo stuff. It works. We are a big corporation.
posted by floweredfish at 1:52 PM on February 9, 2018 [1 favorite]

“Whatever it Takes” by Imagine Dragons?
posted by Seeking Direction at 1:54 PM on February 9, 2018 [2 favorites]

Anything by Mr. Scruff: this or this
posted by poe at 1:55 PM on February 9, 2018 [1 favorite]

I think family-friendly is a good search term. This list looks like a good place to start?

Also Happy by Pharrell Williams and Fireworks by Katie Perry would both be great choices!
posted by Sweetchrysanthemum at 2:04 PM on February 9, 2018 [1 favorite]

You want BUSINESSFUNK.

Because 1) It is fully awesome upbeat celebratory pop music and 2)Maybe I'm off base, but is it really legit to use a recording of a current famous pop song for your promotional video? In terms of copyrights etc.? Maybe it's fair use/you don't care, but you don't have to worry about that, because BUSINESSFUNK is compiled from free-use sound libraries 1978-1984, and in fact is exactly the sound used by many corporate business videos! There's maybe 100 minutes spread over three volumes; I'm sure you can find one that works :)
posted by SaltySalticid at 2:05 PM on February 9, 2018 [14 favorites]

@Salty: We have a license for internal use.
posted by DrAstroZoom at 2:08 PM on February 9, 2018

I mean, this Vampire Weekend song from 10 years ago is great for this but also it's 10 years old.

man, my birthday was yesterday and now I feel super old too.
posted by rossination at 2:19 PM on February 9, 2018

Everything Is AWESOME!!!
posted by scruss at 3:10 PM on February 9, 2018 [2 favorites]

Who doesn't love 24K Magic? (first verse, family friendlier than the first)
posted by missmobtown at 4:40 PM on February 9, 2018

The first 1.30 of Weekend Whip by The Fold?
Starting around the 19-second mark also works well.
posted by Calvin and the Duplicators at 5:51 PM on February 9, 2018

From the dark ages, musically, but I Can See Clearly Now.
posted by SemiSalt at 6:31 AM on February 10, 2018

Thanks, everyone. Pitched “Best Day of My Life”; was met with wild enthusiasm.
posted by DrAstroZoom at 11:45 AM on February 10, 2018

« Older A Tale Of Two (Pairs Of) Jeans - Full Price vs....   |   Should I get an Apple Watch? Newer »