FreebieFilter: Best app for making invites?

I want to create my own invitations and have them printed. I really love Canva's interface and layout options, but it's astronomical to print the invites through them and it's not an option to export their file into one that I can use somewhere else. Is there another app out there for making invites?
posted by onecircleaday to Technology (5 answers total)

I used shutterfly when I got some one-sheet cards printed. Had to ditch a lot of their cruft to make the thing mine but I thought their prices were reasonable and they're always having a bunch of rando sales and discounts. They just ate Tiny Prints who was my former go to for stuff like this.
posted by jessamyn at 1:29 PM on February 8, 2018

it's not an option to export their file into one that I can use somewhere else.

Download a print PDF and you should have no issue?
posted by DarlingBri at 1:56 PM on February 8, 2018 [3 favorites]

I never would have thought, but the latest version of Microsoft Word has some nice templates.
posted by beyond_pink at 2:17 PM on February 8, 2018

Heavy Canva user here. We've downloaded files for professional printing at a local printshop as well as the UPS Store.
posted by feistycakes at 4:02 PM on February 8, 2018

Thanks, everyone. I'll try Shutterfly and also I'll try to download the PDF again through Canva one more time. Previously, I tried to download the PDF file from Canva but the formatting got messed up. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I'll give it another go.
posted by onecircleaday at 11:12 PM on February 8, 2018 [1 favorite]

« Older Help tracking down some generic art   |   Make my hands stop itching! Newer »