A Canadian Indie-Rock Band From The Aughts/Teens With A French Horn?
February 6, 2018 1:44 PM Subscribe
I’m trying to think of the name of a Canadian indie rock band from the aughts that I’ve lost in my piles of music, and am looking for help. Details that I can recall are inside…
- They were (are?) a trio
- They had a female vocalist, who had one of those indie-rock, not-conventionally-good voices. High pitched, fragile.
- Their name was a plural, with no leading article (e.g. “Truants”)
- I believe the instruments were french horn, drums, and guitar, though possibly other stuff as well.
- They released at least two albums before vanishing. Said The Gramophone reviewed some tracks off the first and liked it. Pitchfork reviewed the second and didn’t.
- Their primary period of activity (as I know it) was somewhere between 2008 - 2014
- The songs on the first album were sparse and dark, with some loud-soft dynamics going on and the chirpiness of the vocalist coming in as well.