It's not Alicia Dragoon

Schoolgirl in purple dress fighting wormy dragons and plant things. What is the name of this vaguely remembered Japanese Sega Megadrive game?

I remember the blisters and sweat covered controller more than I do the details of the game. We had the japanase release so I don't think I ever knew what is was called in English -- or if it even had an English name. It's a platformer. Here are some vague memories:

- There might have been an intro sequence with some lightning effects in which the baddies turn up at the hero's school.

- There's a level where you have to jump on the leaves of giant vine. If you take too long, the leaves fall.

- It's not Alicia Dragoon but the player character looks similar.

- There are dragons that are formed from a chain of sprites.

- The player character has long brown hair wears a purple dress.

Does anyone know what this game might be?
posted by popcassady to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

Could it be one of the Valis games? (The first one has lightning and schoolgirls.)
posted by Polycarp at 11:28 AM on December 30, 2017

No, not Valis.
posted by popcassady at 11:51 AM on December 30, 2017

Mamono Hunter Yohko: Makai Kara no Tenkosei?

Yes, that's the one!
posted by popcassady at 12:51 PM on December 30, 2017

« Older Meditative walking...in winterpocalypse?   |   It's Just So Warm In There. Newer »