Long distance gift ideas near Amsterdam

My fabulous young-adult niece is nannying near Amsterdam, in Amstelveen. We very belatedly remembered that we hadn’t sent her a gift-it’s her first Christmas away from her folks and we’d like to let her know we are thinking of her. We are in the US. When asked, the only thing her mom could suggest is iTunes gift cards-any other ideas? Anything local we can buy from afar? She loves music, the arts (dance and theater) and has really enjoyed exploring Europe.
posted by purenitrous to Shopping (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

How about a membership to the Rijksmuseum? It's 50 Euros for a year.
posted by cnc at 2:36 PM on December 20, 2017 [2 favorites]

bol.com is petty similar to Amazon in the Netherlands, so a bol.com gift card is a practical gift. Alternatively, zalando.nl is similar to Zappos, so that might be a good choice if she's into fashion. The Dutch word for gift card is cadeaubon, which might help with Googling.
posted by neushoorn at 2:48 PM on December 20, 2017

Contact me if you'd like my help to order a Museumkaart. It's €59.90 (cheaper if she's less than 19 years old) and gives her unlimited admission to 400 musea for a year, including the Rijksmuseum, so it's a great deal; unfortunately the website is in Dutch only and the card can only be bought by someone with a Dutch bank account. I'll be happy to help.
posted by Too-Ticky at 3:23 PM on December 20, 2017 [15 favorites]

I agree, a Museumkaart is a great idea.
posted by humboldt32 at 4:08 PM on December 20, 2017

Thank you all -and wow, too-Ticky-thank you so much for that amazing offer. Trying to find out from her mom if she has one of the cards already.
posted by purenitrous at 11:16 AM on December 21, 2017 [1 favorite]

« Older What To Do In Paso Robles, CA - not involving wine...   |   So this is how it really works. Newer »