Can you identify this plug or connector?
December 20, 2017 12:21 AM   Subscribe

Moving into a new flat in Spain, has these on the wall... TV is obvious, can anyone identify the one labeled R? R bottles stand for red, which means network or web in Spanish, if that helps. Cheers!
posted by conifer to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)
TV & radio coax wall socket? Nowadays they often include a satellite connector too, like in this example.
posted by PontifexPrimus at 1:12 AM on December 20, 2017

Yes, radio, specifically FM radio; the socket splits an RF connection to TV and FM frequency bands. Another similar example.
posted by We had a deal, Kyle at 1:16 AM on December 20, 2017

Thanks! So new radios come with a socket to plug it in to this? We're going backwards! Everything that wasn't wireless, now is, and everything that was wireless now isn't!
posted by conifer at 1:55 AM on December 20, 2017

Receivers with built in radio tuners have had these connectors for decades, smaller radios may not.
posted by Akke at 2:12 AM on December 20, 2017

You sometimes get a much better radio signal from a rooftop antenna, which is why some people run cables even for FM radio. As Akke says, decent quality FM receivers have had antenna connectors for decades.
posted by pharm at 3:50 AM on December 20, 2017

« Older Book request for a couple with both partners...   |   Weed filter: Help me find the vaporizer of my... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.