Tuxedo-friendly group dining in Austin, TX

I'm looking for a Tuxedo-friendly restaurant in Austin (preferably in or around Downtown) that can accommodate a group of 8-10 people. I'm looking to spend $60/couple. Thanks!
posted by mr.dan to Food & Drink (8 answers total)

Castle Hill Cafe
posted by grouse at 4:45 PM on January 29, 2006

Is Tuxedo-friendly some sort of a code? Like you're all gay, vegan, furries, or something? I'm asking this seriously, I can't imagine a restaurant being unfriendly to people wearing Tuxedos. Google doesn't show much of use.
posted by TheOnlyCoolTim at 6:30 PM on January 29, 2006

I've been told that Jeffery's of Austin is exactly what you are looking for.
posted by bigmusic at 7:06 PM on January 29, 2006

or Flemings.
posted by bigmusic at 7:08 PM on January 29, 2006

Jeffrey's is very nice, but probably more than $30/head (especially is booze is involved). Look for a place with private rooms so you can, essentially, create your own ambience. Louis' 106 on 6th has 'em (and is good); I'm sure many others do too, but they're not coming to mind.
posted by adamrice at 8:20 PM on January 29, 2006

Tuxedo-friendly means that I don't want to walk into a McDonald's or Chili's wearing my tux as its simply not befitting.
posted by mr.dan at 8:27 PM on January 29, 2006

Sorry I read $60 per person. You might want to look at wink or roaring fork. They are a little less expensive. You are going to be hard pressed to find a restaurant in Austin that you feel comfortable in a tuxedo in for that price.
posted by bigmusic at 8:55 PM on January 29, 2006

Zoot's!!!
posted by nimsey lou at 7:34 AM on January 30, 2006

« Older I sell. He pays. He disappears. When can I keep...   |   Inhibitory post synaptic effects in the PNS? Newer »