Small curtain rods - do they exist?
December 18, 2017 7:03 AM   Subscribe

I am having difficulty finding curtain rods for mounting on the outside of small sized windows. I have a pseudo bay window, with a 30” centre window flanked by two 19” windows. There isn’t much space between them or extra room to mount oversized rods. I want to find a design available in ie. 20-32”, or two separate size models of the same design. Total budget - $100 for the 3 rods. I’d like something plain but not flimsy, ideally in black.

The most common ‘small’ size I have found run 28” – 38”, which is too large for the small windows. I have found a few designs of smaller rods around 22”, but they are magnetic. I need something I can mount into drywall. I have found bay window rods that pivot and might match the angles, but I can’t find any with the middle section shorter than 38”. I don’t want tension rods, or other rods that mount inside the window opening.

Open to online and in person shopping available in Toronto. Thanks in advance.
posted by walkinginsunshine to Home & Garden (5 answers total)
Have you looked at kitchen towel rods? I'm thinking something like this from Ikea.
posted by Ms Vegetable at 7:34 AM on December 18, 2017

"Café rod" might be a good search term - example
posted by ersatzkat at 7:36 AM on December 18, 2017

Purchase brackets, cut to length wood dowels, black paint, and (optionally) dowel end caps. Make the lengths you need yourself.
posted by meinvt at 7:46 AM on December 18, 2017

You can get lockseam rods in the 18"-28" range.
posted by robocop is bleeding at 7:48 AM on December 18, 2017

You can buy electrical conduit, some brackets, automotive primer, and some spray paint. Cut the conduit to whatever lengths you need. You could probably do three rods for $30 and a bit of time. You could add finials for a few bucks more.
posted by deadweightloss at 5:39 PM on December 18, 2017

« Older Late night - Stadio Euganeo to Venice   |   How do I fashion? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.