Building Ident: What/Where is this building?

I would like to know the name, location, and purpose of this building (and whether it is extant). I acquired this photo in a large set. Most of the photos were from the Toledo, Ohio area, but I have no indication whether this is true for this particular photo or not. I would love a contemporary photo of this building in exchange for bonus internet points. This seems like a long shot, but you guys have done more with less. I scanned this photo myself. The back has no additional information.
posted by cjorgensen to Grab Bag (4 answers total)

Reverse image search leads to the Waddell Ladies Home in Marion, Ohio. Amazing.
posted by jeffch at 12:10 PM on December 13, 2017 [4 favorites]

And then a street view of the location as it looks now -
posted by jeffch at 12:13 PM on December 13, 2017 [3 favorites]

Crazy. That's not only the correct building, but that's the exact same picture. They must have printed a bunch.

I didn't even think to do an image search, since I figured a scan of an original that I own wouldn't be online.
posted by cjorgensen at 12:28 PM on December 13, 2017

Looks like it's now called the Marion Professional Building and is mainly office space.

Originally it was built by a Mr. Benjamin Waddell as "a home for genteel ladies of advanced age".
posted by exceptinsects at 3:15 PM on December 13, 2017

« Older Being pregnant while fat   |   How can I find a nurse to deliver an injection... Newer »