Please help me identify this school play

I'm trying to remember an elementary school play, circa 1980. I’ve thought about it over the years and would love to locate any info on it.

I don't remember the play's name, but the basic plot was about a school boy named Marty(?) who had a habit of daydreaming in class. The stage setting was in a classroom with 5 or 6 other students and a teacher. Marty’s daydreaming scenes were acted out by other students.

My memory is vague on a couple of comedic scenes. While teaching a lesson about US States, the teacher would catch Marty daydreaming. Marty (or the students) would use word play or puns in describing a few of the States’ names.

Can anyone help me identify or find this school play? Thanks
posted by mountainblue to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

This Is A Test by Stephen Gregg?
posted by Pallas Athena at 7:04 PM on December 12, 2017

Some productions on YouTube.
posted by Pallas Athena at 7:06 PM on December 12, 2017

That one is similar in nature, but I remember it relating more to younger students; 8-12 year olds. Idaho and Mississippi were two States mentioned in the play. Most likely one act.

A couple of those clips were a hoot; thanks, Pallas Athena.
posted by mountainblue at 5:42 AM on December 13, 2017 [1 favorite]

« Older Easy VHS -> MacOS capture?   |   Pre-pregnancy prep -- anything worth doing? Newer »