Help me replace a lost sweater?

I’m looking to replace a sweater I lost. It’s dark blue, crop length, long sleeved, with white abstract angular shapes all over it. The white shapes reminded me of silhouettes of origami. I got it second hand and don’t think it had a tag on it. Any leads?
posted by deus ex machina to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (6 answers total)

Can you take a guess as to what it was it made of? What was the neckline (like...v-neck, turtleneck, crew, etc.). Was it a pullover or did it have a zipper or button or anything? Was it a man's or a woman's sweater? Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to narrow down for googling.
posted by the webmistress at 7:32 PM on December 9, 2017

It was knit but probably synthetic. Neckline was crew. It was a women’s pullover (no buttons/zippers/misc adornments)
posted by deus ex machina at 9:22 PM on December 9, 2017

A simple "womens' navy geometric pullover" image search returns many results that fit what you're describing. Can you be more specific, perhaps add a sketch?
posted by halogen at 10:30 PM on December 9, 2017

If you have a photo of it, you could commission someone to knit you a replacement!
posted by web-goddess at 1:24 AM on December 10, 2017

When I add the term “crop” to that search to try to get just crop tops, I see no images that fit what I’m describing. The white shapes are not in any sort of pattern like those I see when I search without the term “crop.” The shapes are all maybe 3 inches large and asymmetrical, like wonky lightning bolts and the like. I can try to add a sketch tomorrow.
posted by deus ex machina at 1:24 AM on December 10, 2017

I owned a sweater with a pattern that sounds the same, but it was a cardigan with 3/4 sleeves and was long. It was from Talbot's. Maybe that helps narrow your search?
posted by sockermom at 5:55 AM on December 10, 2017

« Older Do I need to be friends with my boyfriend's...   |   So. Many. Oysters. Newer »