How did Microsoft techs draw on my computer screen?
December 8, 2017 3:15 PM   Subscribe

During a set-up call for Office 365, a Microsoft tech used a red marker to draw on what must have been the image of my computer screen that she saw. Simultaneously, the red marking showed up on my screen. The whole session went faster because she drew my attention to a particular spot on the screen and didn't have to wait for me to find it on my own. is there a name for this technology? Is it generally available? Does it work with screen sharing software like Team Viewer and Mikogo?
posted by John Borrowman to Technology (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Quick Assist probably
posted by GuyZero at 3:30 PM on December 8, 2017

The term you're looking for is "annotate". A quick googling makes it look like both team viewer and mikogo have the functionality, but you'd need to dig into it a bit more to be sure.
posted by brainmouse at 5:08 PM on December 8, 2017

Other conferencing apps like Zoom, GotoMeeting and WebEx also have that functionality.
posted by LionIndex at 5:10 PM on December 8, 2017 [3 favorites]

« Older Whither Windows?   |   World history timeline for multiple... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.