Where to buy a Powerbook power supply?

Where can I buy a power supply for a Macintosh Powerbook WallStreet?
posted by DreamStar to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

Froogle search for "powerbook wallstreet ac power adapter"
posted by junesix at 5:03 PM on January 28, 2006

Anywhere that sells Apple gear? You're not giving a whole lot to go on. (Where are you? Do you mean a shop or online? etc)

All G3 Powerbooks and the original colored iBooks have interchangable power supplies. Newer ones than that (PowerBook G4/white iBook) use a smaller plug.
posted by cillit bang at 5:04 PM on January 28, 2006

You can get all kinds of things for your Wallstreet Powerbook at Powerbookguy. Usually you can also find it on ebay, but, a quick search only yielded batteries and Wallstreet Powerbooks that sell for about what a power cord sells for.
posted by generic230 at 5:27 PM on January 28, 2006

Other World Computing is awesome in general. Maybe this will work for you.
posted by Scoo at 7:10 PM on January 28, 2006

I picked up a Targus "universal" mac/pc notebook adapter at CompUSA a few months ago for mine. It's a bit unwieldy around the plug (since you have to stick the proper adapter on the end of the cable) but it works. It was about $70 and came with a car/plane adapter as well. Model number 800-0092-001 A
posted by idontlikewords at 11:26 PM on January 28, 2006

Wallstreet? Really, now, it's time to upgrade (at least that's what I tell my wife, who still has one.)

I got her replacement power supply at Other World, linked above. Better than the original.
posted by laz-e-boy at 7:37 AM on January 29, 2006

You might want to look at the power supplies for the 1st gen iBooks. They have the same attachment end and work better. They're the ones that look like a UFO. The wallstreet ps's suck, and are prone to breakage.
posted by mkelley at 2:24 PM on January 29, 2006

« Older Suddenly the whole Internet is emphasized. Why?   |   Looking to buy a shortwave radio in Australia Newer »