Tasse de Cafe Mule

I need help getting a secret, hard to get Christmas present and have no idea how to go about it. International MeFis, your sage advice please!

Mr. Kitty and I went to France in 2015 and drove around the country side and in general, had an amazing time. One of our favorite souvenirs from the trip were coffee mugs from Alesia pottery shop outside of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain. The coffee mugs are BEAUTIFUL and HUGE and we used them all the time.

And our toddler loves them. And he was running around carrying the beautiful mug and accidentally shattered my husband's against the wall. I want to replace the mug for Christmas a surprise.

Issues:
1.) My french is, minimal. I can do broken conversations, but negotiating over the phone the mugs that i want and shipping and paypal/googlewallet payment is beyond my capabilities.
2.) The owner does not speak English
3.) When we were there in 2015, they did not accept credit cards.
4.) The email link on their website comes back as an invalid email address

Solutions
1.) I have no idea
2.) I am willing to pay to get these mugs, but I have no idea what service to enlist to get them.
3.) Hope me!
4.) I could email the B&B owner who pointed gave us his card when we admired the coffee mugs at breakfast, but she also does not speak English. But it might be a start?

International MeFites - how can I get these mugs? Is Task Rabbit a thing in France? Is there a French Task Rabbit?
posted by Suffocating Kitty to Shopping (5 answers total)

You could try Jobs and see if a French-speaking Mefite can help?
posted by EndsOfInvention at 6:12 AM on November 29, 2017

I'm not in France but I'm a French speaker and I'm resourceful. Memail me.
posted by Kwadeng at 6:37 AM on November 29, 2017

Is this the place? If it is, I can give them a call (I'm in Belgium) and request more info. Feel free to Memail me as well.
posted by pendrift at 6:47 AM on November 29, 2017

They also seem to be present on Facebook.
posted by Liesl at 7:14 AM on November 29, 2017

Native French speaker here as well, happy to help.
posted by vert canard at 10:17 AM on November 29, 2017

« Older Anonymizing 23andMe request   |   Mixing U.S. and British English—native speakers... Newer »