Help me get schooled.

What are some good MOOCs for non-coders? Snowflakes inside.

I'm realising that a) I miss being in school and b) my education was not as extensive, or detailed, as I'd like, and I'm hoping that MOOCs can fill some of the gaps.

As mentioned above, I'm really not interested in coding, but I like new technologies and would be happy to learn about them. Ditto science. History not so much, as I'm trying to focus on subjects that will be useful to my work as a translator - so basically, science, tech, economics/policy, maybe sociology or psychology or European history. Free is great, but I'd be willing to pony up for a couple of really good courses every year.

MOOCs in French (complex is fine) and Spanish (simple, por favor) would also be great.

TIA!
posted by Tamanna to Education (2 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

The Teaching Company. I’ve been a big fan since they sold the courses on tape. I’m not sure how their online courses work, but their courses on CD were expensive, but always heavily discounted a few time a year. They have a lot of different courses, and their quality, in my experience, was always superb.
posted by FencingGal at 7:00 AM on November 24, 2017

I don't have any specific courses to recommend for your interests but for French MOOCs you want to look at https://www.fun-mooc.fr
posted by the agents of KAOS at 12:28 PM on November 24, 2017

« Older MDMA Therapy for PTSD - How Can I Get There?   |   Recommend me a personal wiki for research? Newer »