Does anyone else remember the fake Bowie alterego, the Bucktoothed Wizard?

Inspired by this post regarding the early days of our beloved Leper Messiah, does anyone know how I might find images or footage of a late '90s Conan O'Brien sketch that included a fictional David Bowie alterego named the Bucktoothed Wizard?

This was around the time Bowie released Earthling (or possibly Hours). Bowie was Conan's guest, and Conan did a bit about lesser-known Bowie personas, including the Bucktoothed Wizard, complete with an old picture of Bowie with a wizard's hat and huge teeth that had been (badly and hilariously) photoshopped in. Bowie, as I recall, was practically in tears from laughing (as were my ex-husband and I -- to this day we can make each other giggle just by saying it).

I've googled to no avail. Can it be that my ex and I are really the only two people on the planet who recall this? Help me, fellow Bowiefans!
posted by scody to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Here's one page.
posted by Gator at 1:35 PM on January 26, 2006

Stupid firewall at work... hafta wait till I get home. But thanks!
posted by scody at 2:44 PM on January 26, 2006

Ah, that's the one, all right. Thanks, gator! If anyone knows how to find footage of the full Conan bit as well, I'd be delighted.
posted by scody at 6:25 PM on January 26, 2006

« Older Looking for books or resources on basic practical...   |   Blackberry lawsuit question Newer »