Looking for a specific online article - details unclear

I'm trying to find an article I read online a few months ago. The problem is, I can't remember what the subject of the article was, or where I read it. I do remember that:
  • The article was well written,
  • It used parallax scrolling very well,
  • It had wonderful pixel illustrations done in a pink/violet/red colour palette.

The article may have been about the future of work or AI or housing in cities. Or maybe not.

I thought I bookmarked it, but the bookmark isn't there. I do pixel art for fun, but I'm sort of stuck and found the illustrations inspiring. I also admired the layout.
posted by Stonkle to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Was it this?
posted by ananci at 10:49 AM on November 2, 2017 [4 favorites]

No. But that is INCREDIBLE.
posted by Stonkle at 10:57 AM on November 2, 2017

This is a little labor intensive, but perhaps you could scroll through Longform's last few months and see if anything jumps out at you.
posted by papayaninja at 11:35 AM on November 2, 2017

This sounds familiar. Look at Bloomberg or The Outline—this style is a thing they've both been doing well.
posted by limeonaire at 12:44 PM on November 2, 2017

Can you check your browsing history and find it? I've successfully found articles I've read previously this way -- the annoying part is remembering if I browsed on my laptop or desktop, and if I used Chrome or Firefox (since I use both). But I can often figure it out.
posted by AppleTurnover at 1:25 PM on November 2, 2017

It’s not exactly parallax scrolling, but your description sounds similar to What Is Code? by MetaFilter’s own Paul Ford.
posted by Sfving at 2:46 PM on November 2, 2017

« Older Academic Journals that focus on social movements...   |   What Video Games Are 12-14 Year-Olds Playing? Newer »