Tool Identification, what is this thing?
November 1, 2017 7:56 AM   Subscribe

My mother found it in my deceased step-father's stuff. Other than that, I have no context for what it is. It appears to be broken, I think it was symmetrical at one time.
posted by COD to Grab Bag (3 answers total)
Looks like an antique cast iron meat tenderizer. link to pic

(don't know whether or not yours is actually an antique tho)
posted by the webmistress at 8:11 AM on November 1, 2017

Yep - I think that is it.
posted by COD at 8:14 AM on November 1, 2017

It's some sort of rasp, this fellow and several others are calling them "sugar rasps", for breaking up compacted sugar.
posted by FallowKing at 10:11 AM on November 1, 2017 [1 favorite]

« Older Attention, all craft beer aficionados, where do...   |   Gift Exchange Ideas for Large, Broke Family Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.