Can you identify the make and model of this truck?

Do you know what kind of truck this is? Truck

I don't know cars, but I have Reasons (think CrimeStoppers) for wanting to know the make and model of this truck. Can you help me?
posted by hilaritas to Travel & Transportation (8 answers total)

Looks like a "step-side" Ford F-150.
posted by hwyengr at 3:21 PM on October 2, 2017

Something about it makes me think it's a GMC stepside.
posted by rhizome at 3:32 PM on October 2, 2017

No, not a Ford. The tail lights are wrong for a Ford. Also, square fender wells.

I'd bet a 2000ish C-10 (silverado/sierra), regular cab stepside. Here's a 2003. And another.
posted by Pogo_Fuzzybutt at 3:33 PM on October 2, 2017 [3 favorites]

Looks more like a Chevy to me with some modifications. White bumpers. I have an F-150 and that is not the tailight package from any year I know of. My son drives a GMC truck and that looks more like it to me. It is definitely a step-side or flare-side though. Rarer than most standard pickups.
posted by AugustWest at 3:34 PM on October 2, 2017

From the shape of the wheel wells, it looks to me like a stepside (or "flareside") Chevy Silverado, from around 2003-2009-ish, based on the taillights.

(Pretty consistently through their history, Ford has round wheel wells, whereas Chevy and GMC have them squared off, with GMC being the more square of the two. The truck in the picture has the square-ish but not totally square Chevy wheel wells.)
posted by The World Famous at 3:35 PM on October 2, 2017 [1 favorite]

The squared off body and step are definitely the most distinctive features. Looks chevy-ish to me too. Flare above the wheel well looks right.
posted by snuffleupagus at 4:16 PM on October 2, 2017

Cab screams GMC. Taillights and rear bumper scream custom taillights and rear bumper.
posted by davejay at 7:58 PM on October 2, 2017

I was going back and forth for a while, but a second look convinced me it's a Dodge Dakota, sometime between 96-02ish most likely.
posted by wierdo at 11:29 PM on October 2, 2017

« Older A less restrictive Whole30?   |   Do you know any affordable and not-ugly tile... Newer »