Help me find new compression shorts for recreational running
September 25, 2017 3:36 PM   Subscribe

I need to wear compression shorts while running, for medical reasons. These New Balance shorts have served me well (I love them!), but they're literally coming apart at the seams.

It doesn't seem they make these shorts anymore. Can anyone suggest where to get these, or something similar? I've tried other brands, but they have way too many seams and elastic waist bands and string ties and pockets... and ugh, too much chafing. I just need the most simplest, smoothest elastic shorts possible, with as few seams as possible. Any suggestions? I'd love to buy new, but at this point, I'm not sure I can stipulate that...
posted by Pig Tail Orchestra to Health & Fitness (5 answers total)

I really like Under Armour's HeatGear. Great compression, a super waistband without ties, and the seams stay flat and I've never really noticed them. They make a variety of lengths too.
posted by advicepig at 3:56 PM on September 25, 2017

Response by poster: Sorry, I should have specified my medical need is for testicular support, i.e. male. I have no problem wearing any "gender specific" gear if it works.
posted by Pig Tail Orchestra at 4:00 PM on September 25, 2017

Oh, the men's ones are also great. I've worn both and have testes.
posted by advicepig at 4:02 PM on September 25, 2017

I've used these compression shorts with regular shorts over them for testicular support. With and without the cup they keep things snug.
posted by DizzyOnBugSpray at 6:50 PM on September 25, 2017

Seconding Under Amor. They feel good, and last a long time.
posted by gregr at 9:53 AM on September 26, 2017

« Older Tips for year of US travel before moving to Europe   |   Should I apply to an MFA program? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.