Quick Chinese (or possibly Japanese) translation requested
September 4, 2017 8:22 AM   Subscribe

Hi folks. I have an old electronic panel meter that has Chinese or possibly Japanese writing on it, and I'm curious if anyone here could help translate it for me? Pics of the meter are here. Thank you!
posted by Slinga to Grab Bag (6 answers total)
Here are some pics that aren't mostly upside-down.
posted by Slinga at 8:23 AM on September 4, 2017

It's of Japanese origin. Some of the characters are blurred in this photo - a closer macro might help.

Here's a rough go at it to give things a start:

Small print along the top, left side: Corporation

Small print along the top, right side: name of the company: something (too blurred for me) River Electronics Manufacturing Company

Large Orange Letters, top: Causing Vibration
Large Orange Letters, bottom: Fine Line (i.e. marking/threshold)

Bottom left: Model number MO-17, (something obscured by glare) 3000V
Bottom right: Serial number R21877, Car accessory apparatus, external/aftermarket use/provision

Hope that helps.
posted by metaseeker at 8:34 AM on September 4, 2017

I think the maker is Yokogawa Electric (based on the small white text across the top). The brown/orange text looks like it was painted onto a standard meter being used in a particular application.
posted by spacewrench at 11:45 AM on September 4, 2017

Thank you! As long as we're here, can anyone read the Japanese on this?
posted by Slinga at 1:05 PM on September 4, 2017

It says ウラ面 (pronounced ura-men), which simply means "back side".
posted by rivtintin at 1:56 PM on September 4, 2017

Love it. Thank you!
posted by Slinga at 2:17 PM on September 4, 2017

« Older Barcelona specific recs?   |   Can you ID this bug? Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments