Cape Town Vellies

Hey, Cape Town-ians - I'm traveling to your fair city in October of this year, and I'd like to purchase a pair of genuine, ladies veldskoen, aka vellies, aka Southern African walking shoes. Can you recommend shops in Cape Town where I might find them? I'll be staying in the Gardens / Tamboerskloof / City Centre area with access to pubic transportation, so you'll earn bonus points for easily accessible locations!
posted by ReginaHart to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

For proper veldskoene meant to be worn in the bush your very best chance is a hunting supply store, although I don't know of any offhand in the Cape Town city bowl.

I've seen these from Nava Apparel at the Harbour Market in Hout Bay (which is on the MyCiti 108 bus route) but they are more fashion focused.
posted by PenDevil at 5:01 AM on August 29, 2017

« Older What major gender or racial discrimination cases...   |   Everything is terrible. I need a new game. Newer »