Roll, roll, roll your... window.
January 22, 2006 12:25 PM   Subscribe

Is there a piece of software that /only/ rolls up your windows?

I know Windowblinds does it and that you can rollup windows if you use Blackbox for Win, but I'm looking for a small tool thata skinning app or a shell replacement does no skinning, just the rolling. It's okay if it has a few other functions obv. I seem to remember reading about something like this a long time ago...
posted by Skyanth to Computers & Internet (9 answers total)
Back in my NT4 days I used to use a small app called WinShades. But a Google Search and VersionTracker don't list anything promising, so I guess it's defunct now.
posted by sbutler at 12:46 PM on January 22, 2006

you can do it if you DL windowblinds from stardock corporation.
posted by deeman at 12:49 PM on January 22, 2006

Actually, this page has it! The Blue Carpet website, however, is down. No idea if it still works on the latest version of Windows.
posted by sbutler at 12:50 PM on January 22, 2006

Actual Window Rollup or something else by that company (a bit pricey considering the simple function)

i remember the prog you are thinking of but cannot seem to find it again
posted by tysiva at 1:18 PM on January 22, 2006

Best answer: WinRoll is what i was thinking of. hopefully it'll work for you too.
posted by tysiva at 1:47 PM on January 22, 2006

Response by poster: sbutler: it worked but in a very ugly NT kind of way... but thanks! :)

tysiva: exactly what I wanted, thanks a bunch!
posted by Skyanth at 1:56 PM on January 22, 2006

FreeShade? It has a few functions besides windowshading but it's by no means a bloated monstrosity.
posted by kindall at 2:03 PM on January 22, 2006

Gotta love the freeshade dude.
posted by TonyRobots at 2:20 PM on January 22, 2006

Holy crap, I'm switching to WinRoll immediately!
posted by kindall at 9:26 AM on January 23, 2006

« Older Problem connecting to the internet   |   Alternative to Craigslist for selling furniture... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.