Help finding the Bob Ross of handwriting lessons in the 1970s
August 6, 2017 9:02 PM   Subscribe

There was a white woman with long brown hair and a soothing voice who taught handwriting on, I think, public television. I used to watch and write along with her, probably in the early 1970s. I would love to know her name and find some videos of her shows. My google-fu is failing me. Can you help me, Mefites?
posted by KleenexMakesaVeryGoodHat to Education (9 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite

Possibly Cursive Handwriting with Virginia Henderson?
posted by ArbitraryAndCapricious at 9:07 PM on August 6, 2017

Good try, but it's not her. She had long straight hair and was usually standing at a chalkboard, I think. You most often saw her from the back or side as she wrote.
posted by KleenexMakesaVeryGoodHat at 9:19 PM on August 6, 2017

What city/state?
posted by matildaben at 9:21 PM on August 6, 2017

Nashville, TN
posted by KleenexMakesaVeryGoodHat at 9:26 PM on August 6, 2017

Was it Miss Nancy?
posted by Marie Mon Dieu at 10:47 PM on August 6, 2017

No, not Miss Nancy. Her hair was long - near or past her shoulders, and she was much younger. She was always standing - never seated.
posted by KleenexMakesaVeryGoodHat at 12:35 AM on August 7, 2017

Any chance it was these teachers from Tennessee? (No pictures available unfortunately.)
posted by purple_bird at 11:59 AM on August 7, 2017

If you follow purple_bird's link, there is a slide show at the top where you can click through for an old photo of Patty Pierce - although she may have looked different in the years when you were watching.
posted by metahawk at 1:32 PM on August 7, 2017

purple_bird, thank you, but no, it's not her. I appreciate everyone's time, but this may go unsolved for now. Cheers!
posted by KleenexMakesaVeryGoodHat at 8:01 PM on August 7, 2017

« Older Bob Ross, Jim Henson, and Fred Rogers walk into a...   |   Help Me Explore a Spanish Philosopher! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.