How do Saint Laurent shoes fit size wise?

I found a pair of Saint Laurent espadrille's that i fell in love with. Problem is i have no idea how they fit size wise, they're from last year maybe? so they're out of season but even if they weren't i don't have a Saint Laurent store or a store that carries the brand anywhere near me to try on.

They're actually men's shoes, but i usually wear 6.5 in mens or 8.5-9 in womens. Could someone that owns Saint Laurent shoes tell me how they generally fit? I've heard some say that they run true to size while the Neiman Marcus website says to go up half a size because they run small. I'd really appreciate any help about the sizing.
posted by earthquakeglue to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total)

Are they similar to these? Their website says they fit true to size.
posted by like_neon at 3:24 AM on June 16, 2017

Is it practical to order more than one pair, try them all on, keep the pair that fits best and return the rest?
posted by bunderful at 4:50 AM on June 16, 2017

Saint Laurent espadrilles generally fit true-to-size. If you are a half size, I believe sizing up should be okay. YMMV.

Fit can vary considerably even between two different shoes from the same maker. Buying shoes without trying them is always hit-or-miss, unless you are specifically familiar with the last used.
posted by doomtop at 6:44 AM on June 16, 2017

Response by poster: It's these your link didn't work. :/ @like_neon

Unfortunately, i can only afford to order one pair at a time, but thanks for the suggestion.
@bunderful

Yeah, i tend to wear half sizes unless the shoe is made odd. This will be my first pair of SL so hopefully i won't have to send them back for another size. I didn't want to go down to the 6 because it would be too small, so hopefully the 7 works out fine. Thanks! @doomtop
posted by earthquakeglue at 5:20 PM on June 16, 2017

« Older Sadly, a replacement for OneNote is needed   |   Novels with routines involving prayer, learning or... Newer »