Bar near Angelika Theater NYC for drinks at 10pm tonight?
April 29, 2017 7:22 AM   Subscribe

We have about 15 people, and bars around there are usually packed. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
posted by michaeldunaway to Food & Drink (7 answers total)

Pegu Club is across Houston, and Milano's a few blocks east; both are quite good, yet you'll need tremendous luck to find any bar that can gracefully accommodate a party of fifteen on a Saturday evening.
A little farther east, try the Paulaner pub on The Bowery, or Lorelei on Rivington. Both have large spaces that might squeeze your party in.
You might see if a nearby restaurant has a private room that will offer bar-only service, and has a last-minute cancellation for tonight. I don't know of any that fit this bill, though.
posted by lasagnaboy at 7:37 AM on April 29, 2017

I like Botanica Bar on Hudson between Mulberry and Mott. Hard to know if it will have space - I've seen it have plenty of room that time of night and I've seen it packed. It does have two pretty large rooms, though, which helps.
posted by lunasol at 8:45 AM on April 29, 2017 [2 favorites]

Was about to recommend Bar Botanica as well. Definitely worth a shot, it's only a couple blocks away
posted by STFUDonnie at 8:49 AM on April 29, 2017

Fat Cat is a huge but intimate-feeling jazz venue on Christopher Street with pool tables and other games. It's unique and a lot of fun. I believe they are beer and wine only. There should definitely be room there.
posted by beisny at 11:44 AM on April 29, 2017

Sorry, Bar Botanica is on Houston, not Hudson. Not sure where that came from! Like STFUDonnie says, it's close to the Angelika.
posted by lunasol at 3:14 PM on April 29, 2017

Thanks all! We ended up going to GTF but have saved ALL of these as future plans.. appreciate you all!
posted by michaeldunaway at 10:51 PM on April 29, 2017

I was coming in to mention Pegu, though on a Saturday, it can be quite crowded, and I also think the place is over the hill, sadly (in terms of the quality of the drinks).
posted by Conrad Cornelius o'Donald o'Dell at 9:26 PM on April 30, 2017

« Older Help me design the best murder mystery party   |   Remote/battery phantom power for Shure 55? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.