Bar near Angelika Theater NYC for drinks at 10pm tonight?

We have about 15 people, and bars around there are usually packed. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
posted by michaeldunaway to Food & Drink (7 answers total)

Pegu Club is across Houston, and Milano's a few blocks east; both are quite good, yet you'll need tremendous luck to find any bar that can gracefully accommodate a party of fifteen on a Saturday evening.
A little farther east, try the Paulaner pub on The Bowery, or Lorelei on Rivington. Both have large spaces that might squeeze your party in.
You might see if a nearby restaurant has a private room that will offer bar-only service, and has a last-minute cancellation for tonight. I don't know of any that fit this bill, though.
posted by lasagnaboy at 7:37 AM on April 29, 2017

I like Botanica Bar on Hudson between Mulberry and Mott. Hard to know if it will have space - I've seen it have plenty of room that time of night and I've seen it packed. It does have two pretty large rooms, though, which helps.
posted by lunasol at 8:45 AM on April 29, 2017 [2 favorites]

Was about to recommend Bar Botanica as well. Definitely worth a shot, it's only a couple blocks away
posted by STFUDonnie at 8:49 AM on April 29, 2017

Fat Cat is a huge but intimate-feeling jazz venue on Christopher Street with pool tables and other games. It's unique and a lot of fun. I believe they are beer and wine only. There should definitely be room there.
posted by beisny at 11:44 AM on April 29, 2017

Sorry, Bar Botanica is on Houston, not Hudson. Not sure where that came from! Like STFUDonnie says, it's close to the Angelika.
posted by lunasol at 3:14 PM on April 29, 2017

Thanks all! We ended up going to GTF but have saved ALL of these as future plans.. appreciate you all!
posted by michaeldunaway at 10:51 PM on April 29, 2017

I was coming in to mention Pegu, though on a Saturday, it can be quite crowded, and I also think the place is over the hill, sadly (in terms of the quality of the drinks).
posted by Conrad Cornelius o'Donald o'Dell at 9:26 PM on April 30, 2017

« Older Help me design the best murder mystery party   |   Remote/battery phantom power for Shure 55? Newer »