West Village, New York (or nearby) accommodations

My wife and I are planning a trip to New York this summer, and I'd like to find a hotel/hostel or some other accommodation near the West Village that has some character.

One of the main purposes of the trip is to go to the Village Vanguard and the other jazz clubs near 7th Avenue South, so something in that area would be ideal. We recently stayed at the Freehand Hotel in Chicago and loved that, so if you're familiar with that hotel, that's kind of what we're looking for. Hostels are fine too, so long as there's an option for a couple to get a private room. We're looking for something reasonably priced, but budget is not too much of a concern.

Travel dates are not established yet, but probably this will be late June or sometime in July.
posted by crLLC to Travel & Transportation around Las Vegas, NV (4 answers total)

The Jane
posted by shiny blue object at 8:25 AM on April 28, 2017

Seconding the Jane
posted by greta simone at 9:52 AM on April 28, 2017

The same owner has a funky hotel more centrally located on 8th Street too, called the Marlton.
posted by nicwolff at 9:46 PM on April 28, 2017

The Jane looks perfect. Thanks!
posted by crLLC at 11:01 AM on April 29, 2017

« Older Antidepressants and Stomach Issues   |   Feeling trapped in my job Newer »