What are these common landscaping posts called?
April 17, 2017 12:55 PM   Subscribe

Any landscapers out there that can tell me what I should be searching for when looking for posts like these that will hold a rope?: Photo1 Photo2 I've tried googling with poor results, so would appreciate finding "just the right word" for what these are called. (Bonus points for a good cheap supplier where I can buy a dozen or so.) Thank you.
posted by jimmereeno to Home & Garden (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I think you're looking for stanchion fencing
posted by mce at 1:11 PM on April 17, 2017 [2 favorites]

I think that's a guy-line anchor.
posted by tayknight at 1:14 PM on April 17, 2017 [2 favorites]

Ground anchor is another search term to try.
posted by mosk at 1:19 PM on April 17, 2017

Ground anchors or earth anchors.

Landscaping, like architecture, has a long history of repurposing industrial items for domestic use.
posted by pipeski at 1:33 PM on April 17, 2017

PS: the thing holding the rope to the anchor in your first pic is a crosby clip or wire rope clip.
posted by Mitheral at 6:52 PM on April 17, 2017

« Older How are you implementing OneNote & Outlook?   |   Why won't my Scanner Generate hires pdfs for all... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments