Generate Pretty Reports Online?
March 2, 2017 9:55 AM   Subscribe

Is there some off the shelf system that will: 1. Allow someone to input a series of numbers online 2. Pass that group of numbers to a series of formulae to produce a series of results, and plot those results on a graph 3. Output those results and the graphs in a pretty report for the person inputting the numbers

Failing there being an off-the-shelf solution, I feel like this would be a pretty easy task for someone to code up, but it's beyond my abilities to make it and make it robust. Where would I best go finding someone to put it together?
posted by leotrotsky to Computers & Internet (10 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

Tableau might be a good place to start.
posted by k8t at 9:59 AM on March 2, 2017 [1 favorite]

If none of this needs to be very high volume, you could probably run in either using Google Sheets formulas, or an app written on top of Google Sheets.
posted by sagc at 10:06 AM on March 2, 2017

There's not likely to be more than a couple dozen a day.
posted by leotrotsky at 10:12 AM on March 2, 2017

Google Data Studio
posted by rachelpapers at 10:59 AM on March 2, 2017

no API for Data Studio, unfortunately.
posted by leotrotsky at 11:36 AM on March 2, 2017

Plain old Excel?
posted by Valancy Rachel at 5:09 PM on March 2, 2017

Well, years ago I used to do a good bit of PHP on a Linux Web host, but I am rusty now. I would think a PHP data entry app with an option for line graphs using the FPDF system would allow a user to download/view/print a PDF. Of course I don't know how complicated your "series of formulae" are. Do you have any contacts with academic institutions where CS students might be available? Just a thought, FWIW.
posted by forthright at 6:08 PM on March 2, 2017 [1 favorite]

Datawrapper

For help coding a solution, ask around open data and civic hacking groups.
posted by ramenopres at 8:03 PM on March 2, 2017 [1 favorite]

The formulae are trivial, literally input A / input B.
posted by leotrotsky at 4:07 AM on March 3, 2017

FWIW, I think I can roll a solution from Google Forms -> Google Sheets -> Google Docs using Google Apps Script.
posted by leotrotsky at 9:21 AM on March 5, 2017

« Older Destination: Business Meeting!   |   Strange keyboard woes Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.