Chinese Visa Major Family
February 14, 2017 9:38 AM   Subscribe

Traveling to China for work. Unsure how to fill out the major family portion of the form. I am a woman married to a woman, China does not recognize same sex marriage. Do I list my wife in major family on the visa application?
posted by edbles to Travel & Transportation around China (3 answers total)
Looks bad.

I live in China, I once met a married gay couple while I was travelling in the Philippines. They both worked in China as English teachers. Since, due to the marriage, they had the same family name, they just claimed they are "brothers". Both had their own work visa.

"Traveling to China for work."
How long will you stay? Is this just a business trip or a relocation? I see two options:

1. Get your wife a job as an English teacher. Should be easy.

2. If she has a US passport she can likely get a 10 year tourist or business visa.
posted by yoyo_nyc at 11:03 PM on February 14, 2017

PS: Don't start to evangelize in China about gay marriage or something.
posted by yoyo_nyc at 11:04 PM on February 14, 2017

A few questions:
- Is your wife coming with you, and does she want to work?
- What's the duration of your stay to China?
posted by Karaage at 4:53 AM on February 15, 2017 [1 favorite]

« Older Is this a new type of scam   |   Termites and attachment issues Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.