India filter: Can you recommend a tailor in Mumbai?

Where can my friend get a good custom-tailored men’s suit in Mumbai?

Asking for a friend who is short on time because of his travels and really wants to buy a suit before he has to head home. He's looking for a tailor in Mumbai who can make him a made-to-measure suit in a fairly short timeframe. Have you used or heard of someone there who you can recommend?

My friend adds:

"I’m in Mumbai for two weeks (staying in Juhu).

In the past, I’ve used services like Propercloth and My.Suit. I’ve never had any luck with buying shirts and suits off-the-rack, because I’m skinnier than most guys but have wider shoulders and longer legs. It’s possible that I might find something off-the-rack here, but I’d prefer to get something made-to-measure if I can find a good tailor."

posted by 168 to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

with the obvious caveat that I have not gotten anything made there myself, my father in law (who is indian and has worked in the garment production business for the last 35+ years) took us - my brother in law and myself - to a Raymond Made to Measure store because my BIL was thinking about getting a suit on our last visit. It looks like they have a location in Bandra which would be closer to your friend and also in the tony Phoenix High Street mall.
posted by Exceptional_Hubris at 7:04 AM on February 14, 2017

Yaseen's! Apparently he has a website now. I'll try to get you another name/number, as well. My husband has gotten a number of suits from Yaseen and they're all great. He can even copy stuff straight from magazines/catalogs.
posted by whitewall at 10:14 AM on February 14, 2017

« Older What are your favorite portraits?   |   Auto-reply texts from Google Voice number? Newer »