Where to stay in Newton, MA?

I'll be travelling to Newton, MA later this year along with Ms PD, 'Lil PD and Granny PD. We're ideally looking for two bedroomed accommodation in Newton to be close to family.

The AirBnB's we've found in the area haven't blown us away and we're currently looking at a place in Watertown which looks suitable although we'll have to do a short commute to Newton.

Before we commit to that does the hivemind know of any hidden gem reasonably priced BnBs or vacation rentals in Newton or close by?
posted by PenDevil to Travel & Transportation around Newton, MA (7 answers total)

Did you check out these VRBO listings?
posted by carmicha at 3:43 PM on February 10, 2017

Sending a MeMail...
posted by Sublimity at 4:27 PM on February 10, 2017

Also sent a MeMail.
posted by JimN2TAW at 4:59 PM on February 10, 2017

If Newton isn't giving you any joy, I'd look for AirBnBs or HomeAways in Brookline, Needham, West Roxbury, or Wellesley, in (my subjective) order of preference/proximity.
posted by katemcd at 6:50 PM on February 10, 2017

The towns in that area are so small and close, you might want to expand your search to Wellesley which is nearby quite pretty.
posted by zippy at 6:51 PM on February 10, 2017 [1 favorite]

I've had visiting family stay at the Chesley Road Bed & Breakfast. I thought the rates were quite reasonable (by Boston standards at least) and it's walking distance to the Newton Centre T stop in case you want to go into Boston or Brookline.

One caveat: The owners have a cat, so this might not be an option if anyone in your party is allergic.
posted by oiseau at 7:04 PM on February 10, 2017

Thanks all, we decided to stay with our arrangements n Watertown.
posted by PenDevil at 2:07 AM on February 20, 2017

« Older My new psychiatrist is making me do neuropsych...   |   Micro work angst : "One volunteer! No, not you!" Newer »