Recommendation needed for basic motion activated alarm

I am looking for a simple security alarm, but not sure it exists. Searching Amazon has proved challenging. I want a battery operated motion detecting alarm that can I mount low on a wall near an outside door. I want to be able to turn it on at night, turn it off in the morning. I want it to beep or make a noise when our dog passes by it. I do not want a siren that sounds continuously until shut off. Maybe something similar to what shops use, where a beep goes off when a customer walks by the sensor in a store entrance? I need it to ship to Canada.

My aim is to use this as a deterrent for our dog who (as per a previous question) continues to pee near this door. Doggo is sensitive to noises, and I think a ‘beep’ might be enough to interrupt this habit. (per previous question – the vet has ruled out a physical reason for the behavior, we are looking into getting a behavioral trainer but may need to tackle this with multiple approaches. I would prefer not to have to crate her).
posted by walkinginsunshine to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

How about this or this. Each allows you to record your own sound so you can record an annoying beep or one of you saying "no" or something.
posted by brainmouse at 9:36 AM on February 7, 2017

You can get something like this thing which is designed for pets at Canadian Tire.
posted by fimbulvetr at 9:57 AM on February 7, 2017 [1 favorite]

Harbor Freight carries these. They're good enough to detect dogs, cats, opossums, and skunks.
posted by dws at 11:35 AM on February 7, 2017

« Older LAX to Duarte, CA -- How?   |   Please help me register my daughters as Irish... Newer »