Best Place Online For Business Cards

I'm helping my chiropractor friend with his business card, but there are thousands of online companies for printing. I'd like recommendations please for the easiest, coolest and most affordable company.

I checked out sites like moo.com, but they were like 15.00 for 50 cards -- yikes -- despite their great design options, that is way out of our budget.

Thank you much

ZP
posted by zenpop to Shopping (16 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

I've never tried them personally, but Vista Print always has offers and they seem to start a lot cheaper.
posted by Eyeveex at 11:33 AM on February 3, 2017

I don't know if they're the absolute cheapest, but I've been in a group that dealt with VistaPrint before just fine. The cheapest you can get with them is their economy run, comparison price to Moo 100 for $5 or 500 for $15, but you will only have a limited list of designs to pick from.
posted by foxfirefey at 11:37 AM on February 3, 2017

Not the cheapest, but I've used Moo for years. Easy to do, easy to reorder, and best quality I've found for the price. I like you can do a mix of designs! I can never decide on just one, this way I can print a range for different clients. Also they have a new customer discount code you can get from anyone existing user. And other sales and discounts from time to time. I used Vista Print once and never again. Not for any reason other than liking Moo better. Paperslam.com had the best quality of anyone, but more expensive and I don't print in quantities to use them much now.
posted by palindromeisnotapalindrome at 11:44 AM on February 3, 2017 [1 favorite]

I've been happy with using both Vista Print and Moo. I migrated to Moo as they are able to print different paintings on the backs for cards (for my wife) and pieces of different stories from me (as a freelance writer). I believe the maximum for different backs is ten.
posted by KneeDeep at 11:50 AM on February 3, 2017

Moo sounds great for customization, but if you're price-sensitive and don't need that type of service, Vista Print is fast, good and cheap-enough.
posted by maudlin at 11:58 AM on February 3, 2017 [1 favorite]

Thank you folks, appreciate the feedback. I'm digging the options over on Vista.

And, yes -- I love Moo, too -- used them for my own cards last year, but they aren't in my friend's budget.
posted by zenpop at 11:59 AM on February 3, 2017

Make sure you search for promo code discounts for Vista Prints if they don't have one showing on the front of the site.
posted by fluffy battle kitten at 12:26 PM on February 3, 2017

Use 20SAVE at checkout with VP. I have about 10 coupons with that code.

Their quality didn't used to be that great, but it's gotten better. They don't have some options I'd like, but prices amd product range make up for it.

Also, I had a minor error that was my fault and they resent the order for free. So A+ in customer service.
posted by crankyrogalsky at 12:44 PM on February 3, 2017

I've used VistaPrint several times without issues. Pretty decent for the price. Shipping can sometimes take a week or so.
posted by INFJ at 12:57 PM on February 3, 2017

I recently designed a funeral service card for a loved one and needed to get it overnight on a very small budget, and found Overnight Prints to be half the price of the competitors (despite the name, you don't have to ship overnight, but their shipping prices for that service beat the competitor's as well.) 50 cards are $5.45.

I'm a print designer so for work I only deal with commercial printers who are well-vetted, so I was expecting something frankly pretty shitty but I was really pleasantly surprised by the quality! I highly recommend them — the ordering process was really simple, too. We tried about five different overnight shipping services and had to go through the whole file upload and shipping information process to get an accurate idea of cost and it wasn't bad at all. (Seriously, I do this professionally and some of the file setup instructions for a place like samedayprinting.com or Fedex was mind-bogglingly stupid.)
posted by the thorn bushes have roses at 1:35 PM on February 3, 2017 [3 favorites]

Oh, and I forgot to say that I've had a couple friends who printed cards I've designed for them with Vistaprint over the past decade and can't recommend them, quality wise. They may have cleaned up their act lately but I've had to have them redo a batch before because of quality issues (they did it without hassle, though, to their credit.)
posted by the thorn bushes have roses at 1:37 PM on February 3, 2017

I make business cards for many of the imaginary businesses I dream up and always go with VistaPrint.
posted by bendy at 6:40 PM on February 3, 2017

Thanks everyone!
posted by zenpop at 9:34 PM on February 3, 2017

If you go with vistaprint, try doing a google search for business cards - the ad will come up a special price that is lower than you can get from the website.
posted by metahawk at 11:48 PM on February 3, 2017

I much prefer Moo, but if you're going cheaper I'd recommend UPrinting over Vista quality-wise. If you sign up on their site there's tons of coupons too.
posted by Bunglegirl at 9:24 AM on February 6, 2017

If you are just needing a few dozen or so and have access to a printer, why not print your own? You can get card stock easily at an office supply store or amazon be sure to get the clean edge type like this - it's also a great way to figure out a design you like and works well for you.
posted by LoriABrown at 11:09 AM on February 17, 2017

« Older I need a short term, freelance marketing gig   |   Day trip from DC Newer »