Can you id this wrapper/packaging?
January 20, 2017 7:20 AM   Subscribe

Can you tell what this wrapper thingy is? It's plastic on the top and papper on the bottom side. It cannot be opened or used to store anything. Looks like a lid to me but hard to tell.
posted by Foci for Analysis to Grab Bag (7 answers total)
How wide is the circle?

Some glass milk bottles are sealed with that sort of lid. The paper is pressed down into the mouth of the bottle and then the excess formed around the lip.
posted by Mitheral at 7:34 AM on January 20, 2017

The whole thing measures 4,2 x 4,2 cm.
posted by Foci for Analysis at 7:43 AM on January 20, 2017

Could it be part of the packaging for some HP Laserjet printer toner?
posted by the webmistress at 8:05 AM on January 20, 2017

Not sure really. My guess is makeup, medicine or foodstuff because of the expiration date?
posted by Foci for Analysis at 8:42 AM on January 20, 2017

Sometimes cookie packages have something like that as an internal structural base.
posted by rhizome at 9:09 AM on January 20, 2017

Cardboard tubes—think an old Smarties tube—with rolled bottoms have an end piece which is often this shape. You would think that the bottom of a round tube would be round, but if you unroll the tube the piece of card is square (or, at least, it can be).

These are the kind of tubes I mean.
posted by Emma May Smith at 9:45 AM on January 20, 2017

Googling the number (163070734) for images brought up a couple images if HP Toner:
which may not mean anything.
posted by SemiSalt at 10:49 AM on January 20, 2017

« Older Hawaii With Limits   |   Austin bike route advice Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.