Suggestions for all-inclusive outdoorsy family resorts near D/FW?
January 17, 2017 1:35 PM   Subscribe

We (me, my wife, our 12-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son) recently spent a weekend at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort on the edge of the Texas Hill Country. We had a great time and would like to do something similar this Spring. We want to try something with more hills, trees, and creeks this time around. I'm thinking northern Arkansas (I have visited Lost Valley/Buffalo River and loved the area) but that might be a little more drive than we'd like. Ideally, we'd stay within a four-hour drive of Dallas/Fort Worth but might be willing to drive a little more for something exceptional.

Things we liked about our last vacation and want to find in another location:
- Little or no schedule and the freedom to do our own thing
- High-end/luxury accommodations
- Activities available (driving range, hiking trails, zip line/rock wall, shuffleboard, nearby wildlife park, etc.)
- Excellent meals provided
- "Kids' Club" that provided dinner/movie/activities for the kids while my wife and I enjoyed a quiet dinner and "just the two of us" time

Lacking a specific recommendation, pointers to resources on how to find this sort of place would be great. I keep ending up with generic hotel listings that don't cover what I'm looking for.
posted by ElDiabloConQueso to Travel & Transportation (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Fossil Rim Wildlife Center? It's also very near Dinosaur Valley St. Park.
posted by Devils Rancher at 2:20 PM on January 17, 2017

Broken Bow, OK This is just one example of accommodation there.
posted by tamitang at 8:04 PM on January 17, 2017 [1 favorite]

A co-worker with a 7 year old really likes Hyatt Lost Pines between Bastrop and Austin on Hwy 71.
posted by dog food sugar at 5:56 AM on January 18, 2017

Hyatt Lost Pines looks good, but we decided on Broken Bow and I'm about to reserve a cabin. Thanks!
posted by ElDiabloConQueso at 2:41 PM on January 19, 2017 [1 favorite]

« Older How to get one audio source for 2 separate screens...   |   What TV Shows Are Like Burn Notice and White... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.