Please help me uninstall an unwanted program

I was forced to download the latest adobe flash player (yeah, I know) and even though I am scrupulous about opting out of add-ons, they snuck in a thing called Intel True Key. Now I can't make it go away.

I am running windows 10. I go to uninstall, click it and the product uninstall box comes up, but when I press continue/uninstall I get the following message every time " oops something went wrong, close this box and try again" I have restarted my computer a dozen times, ended the task in task manager, closed every other running thing and yet this won't uninstall. I want to heave my laptop against the wall. hope me please.
posted by OHenryPacey to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

Consider using a third party program to do the deletion. I use Piriform's CCleaner and have always found it effective (pretty good for the periodic sluicing out of the caches too). To be extra sure, I might boot into safe mode and run ccleaner from there.
posted by Emperor SnooKloze at 4:09 PM on January 11, 2017

Revo Uninstaller. That's what it's for.
posted by irisclara at 4:43 PM on January 11, 2017 [3 favorites]

Seconding Revo Unistaller. The scan for leftover files and registry entries (start with a 'Normal' scan) that it does after it runs Flash's uninstaller will most likely take care of it. Be sure to review what the scan finds before deleting.
posted by davcoo at 5:07 PM on January 11, 2017

And if all else fails and you can't find a way to uninstall it with Revo - i.e., the installer logic has been deleted - I would advise actually first reinstalling it (link), where maybe you'll have to do a either a 'repair' install or a fresh install, and then go after that sucker with Revo when it finishes. Deep search. Bear in mind, Intel TrueKey also installs itself as a browser add-on, and that is managed not within the Add & Remove Programs option in your Control Panel, but within the browser add-on module itself.
posted by a good beginning at 8:45 AM on January 12, 2017

Thanks, got it sorted.
posted by OHenryPacey at 10:48 AM on January 12, 2017 [1 favorite]

« Older Front door mat - dog pee habit   |   Is there a way to turn my Apple Magic Mouse into a... Newer »