Looking for commercial insurance - small manufacturing

I'm having a heck of a time finding a firm that will insure my small company, and I've been shopping around for over a year through brokers and companies that insure other local retail and service businesses. I'm looking for basic commercial insurance, covering equipment, inventory, and liability. Nothing out of the ordinary (I would think).

My company produces tanned sheepskins, doing both contract tanning for small farms and also a little retail business. I've contacted firms that cover retail and commercial business, even places that write policies for farms and agricultural businesses.

While I do have a current policy, the company I'm with recently raised their rates by 20% and they're the only option that I've been able to find, so I feel I'm being held hostage. I'd like a few other companies to comparison shop with, specializing in coverages for manufacturing or custom fabrication or contracting.

So, if you do some type of contract fabrication I'd like to know who you use. Welders and machineists, cabinetmakers, potters, stained glass or window restoration, professional upholstery or furniture shop owners - I would love to hear from you.
posted by turtlegirl to Work & Money (2 answers total)

Are you a member of this organization? They might be of help. Or other hide/leather related trade associations here.
posted by beagle at 10:36 AM on January 6, 2017

Our small/medium machine shop is insured with Cincinnati Insurance.
posted by sarajane at 2:48 PM on January 6, 2017

« Older I need advice on which gaming monitor to buy   |   Excel PivotTable filter: how to calculate... Newer »