Looking for new blogs to read

As the title says, I'm looking for blog recommendations.

I don't have a particular topic in mind, to be honest, though I love reading about creativity in general and writing more specifically. But I read a lot of that kind of blog and they all seem to be advice/tips blogs. That isn't what I'm interested in. I want to read more personal types of blogs, and they can be about anything really.

So tell me, what are your favourite blogs?
posted by aclevername to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I could suggest my my own blog - link is in my profile. I'm committed to writing a lot more on it this year.
posted by COD at 6:47 AM on January 6, 2017

I really enjoy Wisdom of Hands by a man in Arkansas who teaches woodworking and educational sloyd. He posts regularly and the posts are quite insightful, and not entirely woodworking focused.

I like to read The Knitting Needle and the Damage Done by a MeFi's own.

It seems, though, that blogs are really going away or moving to different mediums. Some of my favorite things to read come from the indie comics artists and musicians I support on Patreon.
posted by jillithd at 11:07 AM on January 6, 2017

My long-time favorite is still Swistle.

You might enjoy Posie Gets Cozy - lots of talk about daily life. Features lots of sewing for children as well as some cross-stitch, cooking, and embroidery. Pretty photo-heavy.

I really enjoy DesignMom, especially the Friday Links and the House Tours/Living With Kids posts.
posted by meggan at 2:14 PM on January 6, 2017

« Older Best Text-to-Speech with Voices?   |   Has your close coworker committed suicide. Newer »