BuildingYourHouseFilter: land and construction loans

Have you recently gotten a land and/or construction loan to finance buying vacant land and building a house in the US? Who gave you a loan, and could you tell me about your process?

From everything I've heard, construction loans have gotten a lot more challenging to get since 2010-ish in the US and many of the typical mortgage lenders do not offer them. I'm looking for sources on where to get a construction loan and also advice about the process (did the same people give you both land and construction loans, did they consolidate them after your home was built, etc.)? Thanks! I'm in the American southwest, if it matters.
posted by stewiethegreat to Work & Money (1 answer total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Ask local builders for suggestions on a local mortgage broker you can talk to.
posted by yohko at 10:08 PM on November 27, 2016

« Older Nonfiction book for multi-generational gift swap   |   Miami - where to stay and how to get around? Newer »