Election watching NYC

My friends are not political to the extent that watching parties are a thing with them. I've kept up with all the election threads and want to be around people who are fretting the senate races as much as I am (and of course cheering on the big race). Where can I go tonight in Brooklyn or downtown Manhattan to be surrounded by people feeling all the election feels?
posted by newpotato to Food & Drink (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I watched a few of the debates at the Grafton in the East Village. A mostly liberal crowd, though some proud Trump supporters show up too. Decent drink specials and good selection. This is where'd I'd be watching if I were in the city tonight. Get there early, it fills up fast!
posted by ejs at 5:52 AM on November 8, 2016

Bklynr has a nice roundup. I've been to a bunch of these bars and I'm pretty sure they'll have the vibe you're looking for. I especially <3 Pacific Standard, my pub quiz bar, which is full of political nerds (the winning team last season was Darth Bader Ginsburg).
posted by ferret branca at 6:24 AM on November 8, 2016

Black Forest in Ft Greene is having a thing!
posted by functionequalsform at 7:03 AM on November 8, 2016

We're going to Abilene in Carroll Gardens, just a few blocks away from the intersection of President and Clinton Streets, which could become a party later in the evening.
posted by tip120 at 7:45 AM on November 8, 2016 [2 favorites]

Brokelyn has another roundup of places.
posted by D.Billy at 8:51 AM on November 8, 2016

The Skint has a round-up too
posted by greta simone at 9:25 AM on November 8, 2016

Awesome choices! Thanks everyone, back home from work and ready to don my pantsuit....maybe I'll just peek at the election thread(s) first to see how things are going....
posted by newpotato at 1:31 PM on November 8, 2016 [2 favorites]

« Older What channel should I watch election returns on?   |   What do you do with wordpress accounts of former... Newer »