What kind of helicopter is this?

Consider this stock photo of a military helicopter. Can you identify the model, type, maker, country, whatever?
posted by Naberius to Travel & Transportation (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Looks like an NHIndustries NH90 to me. Company appears to be a joint partnership of Airbus Helicopters (France/Germany), Agusta of Italy and Fokker of the Netherlands. I don't see any markings in the photo that would determine what country that particular airframe belongs to.
posted by DeWalt_Russ at 7:28 PM on November 1, 2016 [2 favorites]

Yes, I think you're right. Thank you! I knew the hive mind could be counted on for things like this.
posted by Naberius at 7:47 PM on November 1, 2016

The stock photographer is from Italy, and that might be an Italian rondel on the tail boom, similar to this press release.
posted by zamboni at 7:49 PM on November 1, 2016

« Older Darling, what do you DO to have such lovely...   |   shapewear specifically to calm a butt down? Newer »