Please help me find my Stardust Memories.

One of my favorite albums for decades has been Stardust Memories by Willie Nelson. I have used up an LP and several CDs over the years. I used to own a book of the lyrics, music and guitar tabs of the album but have somehow lost it. (Likely loaned and not returned.)

I've searched with three different search engines, ebay, Amazon and as many used book and music sites as I could stand. I know some Mefites have powerful search skills. Please help me find this book so I can pick up the songs on the album I haven't learned.
(I realize I can pick up the songs one by one on tab sites, but I really liked having the book.) Thanks in advance!
posted by txmon to Media & Arts (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Is this the album called "stardust" containing Stardust/Georgia on my Mind/Blue Skies, etc?

If so, the music/lyrics/tabs book is available here
posted by brainmouse at 12:54 PM on September 13, 2016 [2 favorites]

Thanks, but no, this isn't the same album. It does contain some of the same songs but not all.
posted by txmon at 1:10 PM on September 13, 2016

BTW, the title is just Stardust.
posted by txmon at 1:11 PM on September 13, 2016

You could contact your local music shop and see if they carry song books. They may be able to check with their distributor to see if it is still in stock. It's pretty likely that it is out of print now.

The tab sites are your best bet even though you wanted a real book.
posted by jabo at 4:00 PM on September 13, 2016

Is it this one? Stardust Willie Nelson Somewhere Over The Rainbow
posted by in278s at 4:33 AM on September 14, 2016

(That link is not to an item for sale, just thought it might help identify the book.)
posted by in278s at 4:42 AM on September 14, 2016

No, that's not it. The one I had had the same graphics as the album Stardust on the cover.
posted by txmon at 7:19 AM on September 14, 2016

I think that book is the closest you're going to get. It's a compilation of all the songs on Stardust plus all the songs on Willie's followup album 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' that was published to replace the standalone 'Stardust' book. I'm sure it will give you more than you're looking for.
posted by DandyRandy at 5:33 PM on September 21, 2016

« Older Detailed Information on Babies' Development and...   |   Advice needed on difficult custody situation Newer »