Help me find something better than Time2Track

Counseling student here, in the death throes of my 3-year part-time counseling MA. When I started my practicum, they made us sign up with this website called Time2Track. I want to give Time2Track the boot. Help me find another internship time tracker.

Time2Track is supposed to be a time tracker that helps you keep track of time spent at a counseling/social work/psych internship as you work toward licensure. And you can divide it up by indirect hours and direct hours, etc.

In truth, Time2Track is the devil. If you mess anything up, you have to go back and change it all, one by one. And it is so damn easy to mess up. And there's no mobile option. If you're doing in-home counseling, you just have to wait til you get home to put your hours in, pal.

Anyhow, this year, they want us to pay a subscription to use this...this thing. I don't feel like paying money for it, and so I am looking for an alternative.

I see MyPsychTrack and PsyKey, and I'm wondering if anyone wandering around AskMeFi has any experience with these (or other mobile-friendly or heck, human-friendly internship time trackers).

Thank you!
posted by aaxelrod to Education (5 answers total)

I used an Excel spreadsheet for this, back in the dark ages of the early 2000s. It could easily be done with a Google doc. Just putting it out there in case the fancy apps actually make it harder, which is sometimes the case.
posted by Cheese Monster at 6:30 PM on August 29, 2016

Not specific to an industry, but I love OfficeTime. I've used it for many years to track different billing rates, categories, invoicing etc. I can use excel in a pinch, but just wanted an easier way to track my time, and OfficeTime was perfect. Simple and accessible on mobile platforms. Also allows you to make notations for time periods.

I don't know about psych-apps, so YMMV. Good luck!
posted by Gusaroo at 9:23 PM on August 29, 2016

On the off-chance you're in California, I really recommend TrackYourHours. I think it also requires a subscription (I ended up with a free or discounted subscription because I was a beta tester), but it saved my sanity during my internship.
posted by lazuli at 9:25 PM on August 29, 2016

Hi there! I'm Maggie, Time2Track's President, and I am so sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad experience with Time2Track. I wanted to reach out to you personally and offer my help – you can reach me by email at maggie@time2track.com or we can set up a time to talk. I also wanted to share a couple of resources that might help you right now with the specific problems you're having – Bulk-Editing Activities (for when you make a mistake) and Time2Track Mobile (for tracking on your smartphone or tablet). Looking forward to making things better for you and hope to hear from you soon!
posted by time2track at 11:32 AM on August 30, 2016

Well, getting contacted by the company itself is about as good as it gets. Maggie, I'll be in contact soon. Thank you!
posted by aaxelrod at 1:59 PM on September 5, 2016

« Older Are there any books about coping with getting well...   |   Giving notice during business trip Newer »