NYC Rentals that Are Part of Hotels

Here's a challenge: I'm writing an article on NYC luxury rentals that are in hotel buildings and provide access to hotel amenities (such as room service, cleaning services, etc). W New York is an example of what I'm looking for. Finding these is tough. They are often really sneaky! Can you find one?
posted by Rock 'em Sock 'em to Grab Bag (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

The Ritz-Carlton Battery Park has a similar program.
posted by icaicaer at 11:44 AM on August 18, 2016

Can't vouch for the veracity of every property on the list, but here's a start.
posted by evoque at 11:47 AM on August 18, 2016

Response by poster: Can't vouch for the veracity of every property on the list, but here's a start.

Thanks, I see where you were going with that. The difficulty of this particular research project is that many of these buildings only offer condos for purchase, not for rent---the websites are often opaque on the topic. So if you see any on that list that are for rent, let me know!
posted by Rock 'em Sock 'em at 11:58 AM on August 18, 2016

Waldorf-Astoria does this. I believe the entire hotel is going to be converted to condos at some point in the next few years, though.
posted by praemunire at 12:15 PM on August 18, 2016

When I stayed at Hotel Beacon a few years ago, my neighbor was a permanent resident (and a retired world-famous opera singer). It could be that he was grandfathered in, though, from before it was a hotel, and his place wasn't a rental like you're looking for.
posted by The corpse in the library at 12:35 PM on August 18, 2016

The Four Seasons has residences. I know people that rented their condo in a Four Seasons Residences in another city but they may have been renting from an individual condo owner and not the management company, I'm not sure.
posted by magnetsphere at 12:55 PM on August 18, 2016

I was a temp in the offices of the NYC Mandarin Oriental ages ago (as in, roughly a decade), and they offered this at the time. I believe they have a dedicated wing or floors.
posted by Sara C. at 2:12 PM on August 18, 2016

I know that one can buy apartments in the Carlyle that rely on hotel staff for cleaning, room service (really lavish room service) etc. Pretty sure they have rentals as well.
posted by Conrad-Casserole at 8:34 PM on August 18, 2016

« Older Water dispenser in the fridge door: how's that...   |   Sick cat with baffling symptoms Newer »