August 4, 2016 2:24 PM   Subscribe

I have a pair of mens shoes, now worn out, that I really like. They no longer make them. Can you suggest a replacement? These.

They do everything I want - fit right, look sharp (imo), straddle that ever-so-elusive intersection of casual/hip/nice. They have very thin soles and are made of brogued artificial suede. They are comparable to maybe Jack Purcells, in terms of being a fairly slight shoe. I also like the dark gray color.

Possible additional complication: I wear mens size 13, US.
posted by dirtdirt to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (6 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
These Johnston Murphys came to my mind, but I can't speak for sole thickness.
posted by Karaage at 2:53 PM on August 4, 2016 [1 favorite]

Cole Haan makes a style called the Zerogrand that are pretty similar (and available in size 13). Here's a Google Shopping search that should help you out.
posted by yellowcandy at 3:17 PM on August 4, 2016

Ecco makes a ton of shoes like this.
posted by cnc at 3:28 PM on August 4, 2016

I keep seeing ads for Sam Hubbard shoes & wishing they came in women's sizes.
posted by Nosey Mrs. Rat at 8:05 PM on August 4, 2016

Best answer: For what it's worth, these shoes are still available on eBay. Lots of unused pairs...good luck!
posted by Bassariscus at 1:53 AM on August 5, 2016

« Older Tastier lobster roll?   |   Can I get a laptop that rolls up? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.